Sunday, January 12, 2014

New Companions

December 2, 2013
Thanksgiving was awesome! I've got a bunch of videos and a few pictures from it that I'll put up. Be sure to thank the Heath's, Burton's, Cook's, and Ferguson's for it. They are completely awesome families. Elder Nelson is from St. George Utah. We've haven't made our singing video yet, it's on hold until we can sit down and actually do it. (Casey wouldn’t let me put the video up on his blog. I had it up on Facebook for a short time, but he asked me to take it down. I don’t know why because he did an awesome job!)
Got my camera and the beautiful sweater! HAHAHA I couldn't stop laughing when I opened it up. Love you guys so much. I wore it to district meeting that day. I got the Berty Botts beans as well, although you shouldn't spend so much on such a tiny thing of jelly beans!
[When working with others] It is the spirit that does the converting. It's always the spirit. That's why you shouldn't be afraid to talk to your friends about the church! You don't have to convince them that it's true. All you have to do is create an environment where the spirit can convince them that it's true, and the only thing you need to do for that is to love them enough to want them to be happy. You absolutely HAVE to do it out of love. If it's only out of obligation to do missionary work, then it's going to be ineffective. It's only through love that people are converted. Monday was your average P-day, just chillin, emailing, and messin about with the A-team at the chapel, and a dinner appointment/FHE with the Skidmores, a really awesome family. We had a great time putting up their Christmas tree with them and got to share something small for FHE. Tuesday we had two lessons, one with D. and one with F. They went pretty well. We've committed F. to read and pray every day for a week straight and next time we see him we're hoping to put him on a date. Wednesday we just had district meeting and a dinner appointment. I wore the sweater you sent me to district meeting. It really is amazing. It made everyone so happy! Loads of people were smiling at me! One lady was so happy, she started laughing! That sweater really brought a lot of joy to people's hearts. Thursday was Thanksgiving! I already told you about that in the other email. Completely awesome. Friday was just pretty much a lot of finding, nothing exciting. Oh, but we did end up re-splitting our area with the A-team so that the active parts of the ward boundary are split evenly. Saturday we had a lesson with L. and a lesson with D. They are both progressing nicely, but since we changed the boundaries, we won't have them anymore. Sunday was Sunday, not much to say. I bought a onesie today though! So that's awesome! I'll post pictures online later.
Love you guys so much! Always remember read, pray, go to church, do your home teaching, be a good member! These things are what keep us strong, when our faith fails us as long as we keep doing the basics, we can continue to feel the spirit and gain a renewed testimony.
Have a Good week!
Elder Sorensen
December 9, 2013
Got your package and the one with the Cadbury stockings, I won’t open any more until Christmas from here on out. Transfers are on Wednesday and tonight is when we find out if anyone is moving, so I'll email you and let you know when I know. nah, I'm not too homesick, I mean I miss people from home, but it's not too bad there's plenty of things to keep my mind off of it all. Especially when I get packages, packages are homesickness' best medicine. I'll put up some pictures and stuff tonight. This week’s been pretty boring all together. Monday we had a dinner appointment with the Skidmores, and that was super fun! We really enjoyed ourselves. We have them again tonight with all four missionaries so it should be even better this time! on Tuesday Elder Nelson was having chest pains so we had to call sister Rasmussen and then the area medical advisor and get things figured out for that, that was pretty much the only exciting thing that day. Wednesday was really boring just a whole lot of tracing and street contacting. Thursday we went out to Knowle and did some work with less actives and our AUF lists. I like Knowle, it's quite a nice area and there are some cool families out there. I've said it before, but I really want to visit Solihull when we come back, it's a really awesome place with a lot of great people. On Friday we spiked our investigator's lawn. His name's F. And it's actually quite a big step for him because he never used to let us do anything for him, so it shows that he's trusting us more. Then we had to clean for our cleaning inspection which we aced! 100% clean! Which really isn't hard because our flat is brand new, but we're still proud! Saturday we went over to F's again and had another lesson with him, we're slowly resolving his concerns about tithing and we put him on a baptismal date for January 4th, so pray for him! He needs all the help he can get! After that we went to Harborne so that Elder Nelson could practice the piece he's singing for the Christmas conference. We forgot to tell the zone leaders that we were leaving our area though, so now they won't let us leave and they're making the other people come here to practice. Fine by me! That’s 3 hours I don't have to bus around! That night we ate with the Burtons, another AWESOME family. They have three adorable little girls who are absolutely hilarious. Marie Burton does Pilates classes, so after dinner they showed us some moves and it's actually really intense stuff! Sunday was just your average Sunday! I hope you guys have an awesome week!
Love you!
Elder Sorensen
December 10, 2013
I just got the news that I'll be staying in Solihull for Christmas! It’s a huge relief and I'm really glad because the people here are really amazing. I'll be getting a new companion on Wednesday by the name of Elder Hyde. From what I hear he's an awesome guy so it should be fun! I’m a little sad to see Elder Nelson go so soon, but oh well! You can go ahead and send whatever you want to the flat. Next transfers will be January 22nd so make sure everyone knows that if you’re going to send letters or anything and you’re going to send it to the flat, try to have them get here by the 21st.
Love you guys
Elder Sorensen
December 16, 2013
This last week was pretty good. Monday was pretty average, nothing too exciting and Tuesday was pretty much just spent packing for elder nelson and practicing for Elder Nelson for the Christmas conference. And then Wednesday was spent at transfers getting Elder Hyde and then unpacking
Elder Hyde. On Thursday we pretty much just did weekly planning and had a DA. On Friday we had the mission-wide Christmas conference that was really fun. We got to see all of our friends in the mission so that was cool. I've invited Elder Dryden, and English missionary and probably my best friend in the mission; to come to our place in the summer of 2015, so that should be fun! I got a couple pictures with him I'll label them. Saturday I was pretty sick and couldn't sleep because I ran out of sleep meds. I'm hoping to get that sorted out today. Sunday was church and the Skidmores had a small Christmas party with a bunch of nonmember friends. That went really well actually and was pretty fun! We will hopefully be teaching someone we met there soon, so I consider it a success. That’s pretty much it! Pretty boring week. I sent of my package to you guys and it's expected to arrive sometime in January, but it's kind of sporadic so keep an eye out for it. I think that's about it! Love you guys! Have a good week!!!
Love
Elder Sorensen
December 30, 2013
This week has been a rough one, I've been sick for a lot of it and I am doing everything I can right now to stay sane ha-ha. I am enjoying my time here though. The people in this ward are amazing so it's not unbearable. I've been inside for most of the past week and not a lot has happened since I talked to you on Skype, I've got some pictures up now though, so you should be able to entertain yourself for a while with those. Wish I had more to talk about haha I'll keep checking for your email later.
Love you guys!
Elder Sorensen

1 comment:

  1. "It's only through love that people are converted." Wow! Who knew we would be getting such profound instruction from Tigger? ;) I hope that he is able to stay healthy so that he can continue to bless the lives of the people in England. Thoughts and prayers with Elder Sorensen EVERY day!

    ReplyDelete