Sunday, February 1, 2015

Life's Challenges

January 27, 2015
Heavenly Father does things in our lives to help us learn and to become better people. Sometimes we have to be brought to a really low place to realize things about ourselves that we wouldn't have otherwise. You can't let other people control who you are. True happiness comes from becoming who we really are instead of what we think everyone else would like us to be. And who we really are is what Heavenly Father sees in us, our true selves and our true potential.
"However late you think you are, however many chances you think you have missed, however many mistakes you feel you have made or talents you think you don’t have, or distance from home and family and God you feel you have traveled, I testify that you have *not* traveled beyond the reach of divine love. It is not possible for you to sink lower than the infinite light of Christ’s Atonement shines." Jeffrey R Holland
I wish I could be there to help. By the time I get home the worst of it will be over. When I get back Andy and I can work on ways to make some money, I know that I need to make ALOT of money this summer if I want my plans to work out.
Well on my end, my week was pretty boring and normal. On Monday we had district Pday, we went bowling in Lincoln which was actually really fun and then we came back and had a meal with a member. On Tuesday we did my last service day in Sally's garden (her family is taking us out for a meal today to say goodbye) then we had a dinner appointment, PEC as YM's president and Young men's. On Wednesday we went out teaching less actives with a member of the bishopric, worked on our English program and did finding. Thursday was district meeting and an exchange with the district leader. That was quite good. I always like exchanges because it makes the day go so much faster haha Friday we exchanged back, had weekly planning and cleaned for our cleaning inspection and went to the ward activity. It was really cool it was all about the universe and different planets and stuff, I loved it. Saturday we did service for a member who just moved into the ward and laid down/cut to size some carpet for her. Had the daily dose class (no one showed up) had our bible study class and YSA. It was a triumphant last Sunday though! We had one investigator and 2 les actives show up to church, it was awesome! Then we had to go to bishops house so Elder Limb could call home because his grandpa died. Today we will find out the transfer information and we'll see where I'm going for my last 2.5 months!!
I'll let you guys know tomorrow what happens. Send my love to grandma and Grandpa. 10 weeks left!
Love you all
Elder Sorensen

1 comment:

  1. Ten weeks - that just seems crazy! I'm excited to see Elder Sorensen, but I am going to miss his insights and messages. I love the quote included on this one.

    ReplyDelete